PSTEC - Practical Skills Triage Emergency Care
Non Member: $600
Upcoming Course with Vacancies
About this Course
• Are you required to effectively and efficiently assess and triage emergency patients and primary presentations in your work?
• Are you looking for a refresher in practical skills such as plastering and suturing?
The CRANAplus Practical Skills Triage Emergency Care (PSTEC) course is based on best practice principles and will provide the health workforce with an opportunity to receive instruction in and the practice of key skills needed in the remote and isolated setting including;
- Plaster Back Slabbing of upper and lower limbs.
CRANAplus encourages candidates to apply the knowledge and skills learnt within the context of the policies of the employing health service and within each individual’s own scope of practice.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed to meet the learning needs of the remote and isolated health workforce (Nurses, Paramedics, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners and Medical Officers) who may be required to utilise these practical skills in their workplace.
If you have any queries about the course or its relevance to your practice, please contact the Clinical Educator Team.
The Practical Skills Triage Emergency Care course consists of 2 components:
- Online pre-course learning and assessments that must be completed one week before the course
- Practical Skills including Triage online theory modules and assessments - approx. 6 hours of study
- Attendance at a one day workshop consisting of lectures, skill stations and practical based scenarios
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the principles of triage assessment techniques using a primary secondary survey approach.
- Understand the pathophysiology and management of common fractures of upper and lower limbs including neurovascular assessment.
- Understand the principles and complications of backslab application and removal.
- Demonstrate backslab application to upper and lower limbs.
- Describe the assessment and management of lacerations including simple wound closure using interrupted sutures.
- Describe the use of local anaesthesia including digital blocks.
- Demonstrate simple wound closure.
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Practical Skills including Triage Course Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
I personally benefited a lot from skill stations, my favourite part of the course. It was great practising many procedures under the guidance of experts. Gained a lot of confidence.
Participant, Kununurra, WA 2016