RMP - Remote Management Program Essentials for Remote Managers
Non Member: $650
Upcoming Course with Vacancies
About this Course
The Remote Management Program is designed to enhance and broaden the manager’s existing expertise regarding leadership and management, clinical governance, and project management underpinned by an action learning approach.
- Would you like to increase your confidence in leadership and management?
- Do you understand the role of Clinical Governance?
- Do you need project management skills?
CRANAplus understands the challenges remote managers experience on a daily basis in dealing with staff at a distance, leading change, being responsible for the delivery of safe, quality care. Whilst there is a gamut of leadership and management programs, there are none that address the contextualisation of remoteness and associated challenges managers experience in remote health services.
Who is this course for?
The Remote Management Program is designed for managers, acting managers and aspiring managers who work in a remote health service setting.
RMP is a program that consists of four components:
- Completion of four online modules (access is provided 8 weeks prior to workshop);
- A face-to-face workshop conducted over two days to consolidate learning through topic sessions, group discussions and small group activities;
- Project implementation and completion of an Evaluation Project Report;
- The option to participate in the Australian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM( mentoring program
Graduates of this course will be able to:
- Reflect upon and enhance management skills.
- Describe leadership and management attributes necessary for the implementation of quality improvement projects.
- Outline clinical governance, managers roles and responsibilities and its application in remote settings.
- Undertake workplace needs analysis.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement project.
- Undertake an evaluation project report.
On completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Remote Management Program Certificate
- CPD Points
An ACHSM registered member with rural and remote experience will mentor participants. The mentoring relationship will be for a period of 6-8 months.
Journal writing is an essential requirement for the online modules, project implementation and ACHSM mentoring program.
Please Note: If Registration is to be paid by Employer please forward a Purchase Order for the relevant value of order as above to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Tax invoice will then be emailed to your Employer and your registration will be confirmed.