CRANAplus is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 40719) that delivers a number of high quality education courses that support and develop remote and isolated health practitioners. CRANAplus recognises that excellence in learning is key to the delivery of best practice and safe health care and the retention of a skilled remote and isolated health workforce.
CRANAplus offers a number of courses utilising both blended and online learning approach. The blended courses include pre-course online theory and a face to face workshop with on-course assessments.
For a complete overview of our education suite of courses please see our Education Brochure.
About our courses
We understand the challenges in accessing quality education in remote locations. Courses are scheduled all over Australia and its Territories including easier to reach urban venues, regional and rural catchment areas, as well as the core, regular visits to the more remote areas of Australia.
Our Courses are unique in that they;
- Are contextualised to remote and/or isolated practice needs.
- Take into consideration jurisdictional differences and the broader needs of the health professional.
All of the CRANAplus Education Courses utilise the evidence-based improvement strategies provided by the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards, ensuring all participants improve the quality of health service provision in remote, rural and isolated practice.
A copy of the standards is available from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare.
Savings for CRANAplus Members
CRANAplus courses are offered at a discounted rate for CRANAplus Members. You can simultaneously purchase CRANAplus membership with courses and online modules.
CRANAplus volunteer facilitators are highly skilled and experienced health professionals who understand the challenges of the remote and isolated areas of Australia. We draw on the experience of our facilitators who work closely with us to ensure participants on our courses have access to the most current evidenced based health practices.
We are always looking for highly skilled health professionals to volunteer in the delivery of CRANAplus courses.
Nationally Recognised Training
Course participants benefit from:
- national recognition of Units of Competency gained
- knowing that their training is being delivered by an organisation which meets national standards
- enhanced career prospects as the units of competency are based on identified industry needs
- access to recognition of prior learning, also known as recognition of current competency.
In the event of notification of a cancellation of 21 or more calendar days before the course commencement date:
- The student will have the opportunity to a one-off transfer to another Course scheduled at the time of cancellation, without penalty. (must be same course title).
Should the student fore-go the offer to transfer to another course
- 70% of paid Course fees will be refunded.
- In the event CRANAplus is unable to offer a one-off course transfer to the student in the current financial year, a full refund will apply.
In the event of notification of a cancellation 21 or less calendar days before the course commencement date:
- Student fees paid will not be refunded or allocated to another course (no offer to transfer).
- Any course materials provided to the student, will remain the property of the student and are not refundable.
Student Handbook and Policies
Should you have any queries, please refer to the Student Handbook initially with the policies below under-pinning information in the handbook.