After Hours Hospital Coordinator
Benalla Health offers a work environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We support staff to achieve best practice outcomes for our community by ensuring that all staff has access to an interactive education program. If you believe that you have the skills and experience to be an exceptional clinical leader we invite you to apply for the following position:
After Hours Hospital Coordinator
Position Status: Permanent & Temporary Hours Available
Classification: Registered Nurse Grade 5 (ZB5)
Benalla Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurses – Grade 5 to undertake the position of After Hours Hospital Coordinator.
Applications from Nurse Practitioners are welcome and encouraged.
The role of After Hours Hospital Coordinator will be to;
- Mentor and lead the nursing staff in providing high quality nursing care to patients and supervise specialist care delivered by other staff;
- Coordinate specialised aspects of care provided to patients.
- Act as an advocate for patients and their families, ensuring their opinions are heard and their rights are respected;
- Provide a productive, safe environment in the unit, demonstrating effective leadership.
- Ensuring the efficient, safe and cost effective continuation of hospital services in the absence of the Executive Director of Clinical Services and Chief Executive Officer.
- Working with staff in the early recognition and safe management of patient deterioration
- Participating at a senior level in the organisation’s quality and accreditation programs.
- Maintain competence in nursing practice as measured by the Australian National Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse.
- Comply with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Education and direction of staff to adhere to nursing policies and procedures;
- Deliver excellent nursing care in accordance with Organisational values, policies, procedures and clinical practice guidelines (CPG).
- Promote Benalla Health’s Values and Code of Conduct through your practise and encourage the same in colleagues.
- Counsel patients and providing appropriate health education;
- Support Quality Improvement by carrying out quality activities and research within their area of practice.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of clinical standards.
- Assess the need for training and education of other staff and then deliver specialist clinical teaching and supervision to nurses, health care staff and students in the unit and nursing division as required.
- Carry our research and development in the speciality
- Provide advisory services to appropriate committees
- Participate in the organisation’s quality and accreditation programs, contributing to the processes whereby the quality of care of patients and residents is continuously improved. This includes examining own and others’ nursing and health care delivery critically and incorporating the results of personal research or the research findings of others in the delivery of care.
The Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated extensive clinical expertise in an acute environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of concepts of clinical governance, patient safety and clinical risk management
- Clear understanding of current Nurses Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and its application in the clinical setting
- Possess knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly the national health reform and National Standards and Aged Care Standards
- Knowledge and commitment to Quality Management and Accreditation processes
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Act as a role model of and actively promote open disclosure and person centred practices
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear decision making processes
- Understand the principles of financial management, including budget development, monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change taking into consideration the appropriate consultative process and operational requirements
- Timely and appropriate escalation of critical incidents to the on call executive.
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by HR initiatives, communication skills, problem solving, adaptability to workforce needs and performance management processes.
Benalla Health offers a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
For more information regarding the role contact;
Lisa Pryor – Operational Director Continuum of Care on 5761 4750.
Applications Close: Thursday 28th February 2019 at 9.00am
Suitable Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed upon application.
Applicants must visit the Benalla Health Careers page to obtain full details. Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Please log-on to: http://www.benallahealth.org.au/Careers/CurrentVacancies-526/