Aged Care - Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Benalla Health offers a work environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We support staff to achieve best practice outcomes for our community by ensuring that all staff has access to an interactive education program. Benalla Health is currently looking for suitable applicants for the position of:
AGED CARE — ASSOCIATE NURSE UNIT MANAGER
Position Status: Permanent Part-time (64 hours per fortnight) Up to Full-time Available
Classification: RN ANUM Year 1 – 2 (YW11 to YW12)
Benalla Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced Associate Nurse Unit Manager to join our Aged Care Department.
The Aged Care Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) will be responsible for assisting the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) to achieve outcomes and goals of the Morrie Evans Wing (MEW) in accordance with Benalla Health’s policies, procedures, clinical practice guidelines, standards and values. The ANUM will also assist the NUM in appropriately allocating resources to provide high quality care of residents through effective leadership, management of staff, other resources and the development of cooperative professional relationships; where appropriate, acting as an advocate for patients, residents and their families, ensuring their opinions are heard and their rights are respected; demonstrate leadership, operational proficiency and acting as a resource for other staff on local clinical and organisational issues; acting in the absence of the NUM and continuing to carrying out the day to day management of MEW; participate in the organisation’s quality and accreditation programs and contributing to the review of relevant Policies, Procedures and Clinical Practice Guidelines; participate as part of the senior nursing team in managing portfolios as allocated and participating in relevant meetings and committees as requested; and demonstrate clinical expertise, acting as a mentor/role model, and facilitating the development of clinical skills in staff.
The Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in aged care or prepared to work towards and obtain same;
- Competent interpretation of current Enterprise Bargaining Agreement requirements.
- Consolidated management experience
- Possess knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly the National Health reform, National Standards and Aged Care Standards
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear decision making processes
- Understand the principles of financial management, including budget development, monitoring and reporting;
- Understanding of Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI)
- Knowledge and commitment to Quality Management and Accreditation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change taking into consideration the appropriate consultative process and operational requirements.
Ideally the candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial post basic clinical experience in Aged Care Nursing
- Post basic qualifications in aged care (or working towards)
- Knowledge and understanding of Aged Care Funding Instrument
Benalla Health offers a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
The Successful applicant upon appointment will undergo a National Police Records Check and will require a Working with Children’s Check for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
For more information regarding the role contact:
Kate Marshall – Nurse Unit Manager – Healthy Aging on 5761 4370.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
Applicants must visit the Benalla Health Careers page to obtain full details.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Applications Close: Wednesday 28th August 2019 at 9.00am.