Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM)
Tasmanian Health Service is seeking motivated and experienced Associate Nurse Unit Managers within the Emergency Department, Mersey Community Hospital.
Hours/Period of Appointment
2 X Permanent Part Time Shift Worker positions, working up to 76 hours per fortnight
Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please note that subsequent appointments may be made from this process for full-time or part-time roles.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated and experienced Associate Nurse Unit Managers who are passionate about the greatest quality of care within the Emergency Department at the Mersey Community Hospital. Within the dynamic multidisciplinary team, you will contribute to a strong professional team approach through open communication, collaboration and a positive supportive environment.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, you will contribute to the health outcomes of your patients through excellence in practice, fostering a learning culture, excellent communication skills and working effectively within a multidisciplinary team. You will work in partnership with the Nurse Unit Manager and other senior staff, to ensure the efficient and effective provision of care based on best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Extensive experience (more than 3 years) in Emergency Nursing
- Should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Advanced Emergency Department skills including Resus and Triage
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement
- Ability to undertake client education; and mentor and train Emergency Department staff.
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Holds or is working towards relevant post graduate qualifications in Emergency Nursing.
For further information and Application process please go to Seek website https://www.seek.com.au/jobs to search for Job Id # 523220
Closing date of applications 5 February 2019