Associate Nurse Unit Manager – Urgent Care Centre
Benalla Health offers a work environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We support staff to achieve best practice outcomes for our community by ensuring that all staff has access to an interactive education program. Benalla Health is currently looking for suitable applicants for the position of:
ASSOCIATE NURSE UNIT MANAGER – URGENT CARE CENTRE
Position Status: Permanent Hours Available – Up to Full-time
Classification: RN ANUM Year 1 – 2 (YW11 to YW12)
Benalla Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced Associate Nurse Unit Manager to join our
Urgent Care Centre.
The Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) is responsible for:
- Mentoring and leading the nursing staff in providing high quality nursing care to patients and supervise specialist care delivered by other staff;
- Coordinate specialised aspects of care provided to patients.
- Act as an advocate for patients and their families, ensuring their opinions are heard and their rights are respected;
- In the absence Nurse Unit Manager (NUM), carry out day to day management of the unit;
- To act as Grade 5 after Hours Coordinator as and when required in absence of a rostered ADON. That is:
- Assist the NUM in allocating appropriately skilled nurses to provide patient care;
- Assisting the NUM in staffing management – preparation of rosters, selection and recruitment, staff appraisal, staff development/education, occupational health and safety and other aspects of human resources management;
- Assist the NUM to work within the unit budget, and when appropriate, taking corrective action.
- Counsel patients and providing appropriate health education;
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of clinical standards.
- Assess the need for training and education of other staff and then deliver specialist clinical teaching and supervision to nurses, health care staff and students in the unit and nursing division as required.
- Participating in the organisation’s quality and accreditation programs, contributing to the processes whereby the quality of care of patients and residents is continuously improved.
The Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Achievement of Registered Nurse competencies in accordance with criteria as prescribed by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in clinical decision making – in particular with problem identification and solution.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by knowledge of Human Resource policies and procedures, adaptability to workforce needs and performance management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent nursing care in accordance with BH’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Quality Management and Accreditation processes.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly the National Health reform, National Standards and Aged Care Standards.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to work independently of others.
- Ability to maintain and improve clinical care standards.
- Ability to act as mentor or preceptor to other less experienced nurses, including students and graduate nurses.
- Ability to represent as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrated skill with analysis and interpretation of clinical data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Information Technology.
Benalla Health offers a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
The Successful applicant upon appointment will undergo a National Police Records Check and will require a Working with Children’s Check for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
For more information regarding the role contact:
Lisa Pryor – Operational Director Continuum of Care on 5761 4750.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
Applicants must visit the Benalla Health Careers page to obtain full details.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Suitable Applicants will be interviewed upon application.
Please log-on to: http://www.benallahealth.org.a...
Applications Close: Friday 26th July 2019 at 9.00am