Clinical Educator - Occupational Therapy
Clinical Educator – Occupational Therapy
Salary: $102,386 (Plus 12% Superannuation & 17.5% Leave Loading)
Part-time (30 hours/week)
This new position reporting to the Director of the Majarlin, Kimberley Centre for Remote Health will be responsible for assisting OT students with their development of clinical and professional skills through teaching, communication strategies and problem solving techniques. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting OT student learning by supervising and working alongside students;
- Monitoring and managing student assessments;
- Developing educational activities, resources and learning objectives for students;
- Actively facilitating learning opportunities that are relevant to student and clinical unit learning objectives;
- Participating in the development and delivery of MKCRH multi-disciplinary education programs for students and health professionals;
- Evaluating student performance.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Hold a current registration as a OT with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Authority;
- Have a minimum 3 years post-registration clinical experience;
- Be able to demonstrate experience and involvement in the teaching / mentorship and supervision of students;
- Hold a current and unrestricted “C” Class Drivers Licence as you will be required to work off campus and to travel to remote areas of the Kimberley, or other regions.
- Location allowance
- 12% Super and 17.5% leave loading
- 2 weeks additional leave
About the University
The University of Notre Dame Australia is a Catholic university with campuses in Fremantle, Broome and Sydney. The Objects of the University are the provision of university education within a context of Catholic faith and values and the provision of an excellent standard of teaching, scholarship and research, training for the professions and the pastoral care of its students.
The University seeks to foster in all staff and students an appreciation of the richness and relevance of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and the obligation to serve the wider community in their chosen disciplines and in their daily lives.
How to Apply
Complete and submit an Application Package for the position which is available on our website https://www.notredame.edu.au/about/employment/employment-opportunities
To be considered for this role, applications should address the selection criteria as listed in the position application pack.
Applications close 9.00am Monday 21 January 2019
The University reserves the right to appoint by invitation or to make no appointment at all.