Clinical Midwifery Coordinator
Benalla Health offers a work environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We support staff to achieve best practice outcomes for our community by ensuring that all staff has access to an interactive education program. Benalla Health is currently looking for suitable applicants for the position of:
CLINICAL MIDWIFERY COORDINATOR
Position Status: Permanent Hours Available – EFT Negotiable
Classification: RN G4A Y1 CLIN COORD (YY4)
Benalla Health is seeking suitably qualified and experienced Midwifery Coordinator to join our Midwifery Team.
The Clinical Midwifery Coordinator (CMC) is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality care to women and their families through effective leadership, coordination of staff, and other resources in consultation with the Acute ward Nurse Unit Manager (NUM).
The CMC is involved in the coordination and management of the daily activities of the midwifery unit, facilities and equipment, coordination of staff development programs and the management of portfolios in consultation with the Acute ward NUM. The CMC will work as part of the senior management team and is a member of a number of strategic and important organisational meetings/groups.
The Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Broad range of midwifery experience;
- Demonstrated well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Evidence of analytical and conceptual skills;
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear decision making processes;
- Knowledge of and commitment to Quality Management and Accreditation processes;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change, taking into consideration the appropriate consultative process and operational requirements;
- Possess a knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and human resource procedures;
- Understand the principles of financial management, including budget development and monitoring in consultation with NUM Acute
- Show an understanding of the strategic direction of the health service;
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing education and annual updates in neonatal resuscitation, midwifery emergency management, fetal surveillance, epidural management and minimum 8hrs of breastfeeding competencies.
Benalla Health offers a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
The Successful applicant upon appointment will undergo a National Police Records Check and will require a Working with Children’s Check for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
For more information regarding the role contact:
Lisa Pryor – Operational Director Continuum of Care on 5761 4750.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
Applicants must visit the Benalla Health Careers page to obtain full details.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Suitable Applicants will be interviewed upon application.
Please log-on to: http://www.benallahealth.org.au/Careers/CurrentVacancies-526/
Applications Close: Thursday 18th April 2019 at 9.00am.