Direct Entry/Dual Registered Midwives and Clinical Midwife Specialist
Benalla Health offers a work environment that encourages innovation and excellence. We support staff to achieve best practice outcomes for our community by ensuring that all staff has access to an interactive education program. If you believe that you have the skills and experience to be an exceptional clinical leader we invite you to apply for the following position:
Direct Entry/Dual Registered Midwives & Clinical Midwife Specialist
Position Status: Permanent Hours Available - EFT Negotiable Temporary and Casual Positions Available
Classification: Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife Grade 2 & CMS
Benalla Health is currently looking to recruit to the positions of Direct Entry and Dual registered Midwives, Clinical Midwife specialist and we are also pleased to offer the opportunity to support a Return to Practice Midwife.
The Registered Midwife will be responsible for, providing high quality maternity care to women and their significant others in accordance with the organisation’s policies, procedures, clinical practice guidelines, standards and values.
Benalla Health provides maternity services through a rostered shift model based on 8/8/10hr shifts in line with the Nurses and Midwives (Vic Public Health Sector) EBA 2016-2020. Benalla Health is experiencing significant growth in all aspects of maternity services.
The Midwife will be responsible for:
- Delivery of effective antenatal and postnatal care by planning, implementing and monitoring maternity practice in the hospital and community setting.
- Providing pregnant women and their significant others with woman centred maternity care, through a shared care model with the GP Obstetricians and Midwives, specific to the woman’s needs.
- Coordinating the maternity and allied health care that is provided to women.
- Where appropriate delegating aspects of maternity care to others according to their competence and scope of practice.
- Acting as an advocate for women and their significant others, ensuring their opinions are heard and their rights are respected.
- Counselling women and providing appropriate health and well-being education.
- Liaising with the Maternity Service members, Nurse Unit Manager, Deputy Director of Clinical Services, Associate Director of Nursing and/or Visiting Medical Officers to communicate changes in a woman’s status/progress and any other situations/circumstances as they arise.
- Participating in the organisation’s quality and accreditation programs and contributing to the processes whereby the quality of care for women is continuously improved. This includes critically examining own and other’s healthcare delivery and ensuring delivery of care is reflective of best practice and validated research.
- Participating in the review of relevant Policies, Procedures and Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Participating as a positive contributor to the maternity team’s projects, activities, case studies and allocated portfolios as lead by the Midwifery Clinical Coordinator or Nurse Unit Manager.
- Actively participating in department meetings and organisation governance committees as requested by the Nurse Unit Manager.
- Demonstrating competent clinical practise, acting as a positive role model, and facilitating the development of clinical skills in other midwives, health care staff and students.
We are committed to offering our employees:
- Work/Life balance options;
- Accommodation support & relocation expenses may be available to approved employees
- Access to a team of experienced professionals including a midwifery educator;
- A supportive learning environment;
- Access to professional development; and
- Salary Packaging incl. Remote Area Housing for eligible staff.
For more information regarding the role contact;
Lisa Pryor – Operational Director Continuum of Care on 5761 4750.
Applications Close: Thursday 28th February 2019 at 9.00am.
Applicants must visit the Benalla Health Careers page to obtain full details.
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Applications reviewed upon receipt.
Please log-on to: http://www.benallahealth.org.au/Careers/CurrentVacancies-526/