Focus of Duties:
The enrolled nurse provides direct patient/client centred nursing care to assigned patients/clients, within the scope of practice of an enrolled nurse and under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse/midwife to achieve planned patient outcomes.
1. Deliver evidenced based care in accordance with the nursing care plan under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse/midwife.
2. Contribute to the development of patient/client nursing care plans, the evaluation of care and healthcare information in collaboration with the registered nurse/midwife.
3. Participate in decision making with the multidisciplinary team to achieve planned patient outcomes.
4. Assist in the collection of comprehensive clinical data from the patient/client and/or family.
5. Provide information to the patient/client and/or family in accordance with the nursing care plan
6. Establish priorities for patient/client care delivery in collaboration with the registered nurse/midwife.
7. Promote and participate in education activities, including preceptorship and orientation of less experienced staff.
8. Recognise the need for and actively participate in, and maintain, self/professional development.
9. Actively participate in and contribute to the organisation’s Quality & Safety and Work Health & Safety processes, including the development and implementation of safety systems, improvement initiatives and related training, ensuring that quality and safety improvement processes are in place and acted upon.
10. The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification level.
Scope of Work Performed:
- Works under the direction and supervision of the NUM.
- Delivers nursing care as delegated by the NUM.
- Collaborates with members of the healthcare team to achieve effective healthcare outcomes.
- Accountable for the standard of nursing care provided and acts to rectify unsafe practices and/or unprofessional conduct.
- Practices in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia approved national competency standards for enrolled nurses, legislation, education, experience and organisational policy.
- Comply at all times with THS policy and protocol requirements, in particular those relating to mandatory education, training and assessment.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer of any new criminal convictions and/or if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as an Enrolled Nurse (holds a Board-approved qualification in administration of medicines).
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
For FUll Information and Application process please go to https://www.seek.com.au/job/39...
Applications close 4th August 2019