Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Job No: RFDS372
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
“It would be so hard for me to go back to a hospital now. At RFDS, you never know what you’re flying into. You turn up to the base with the pilot, pack the plane and fly out to the patient. The dynamic working environment is invigorating.” — Flight Nurse Brisbane.
Careers in Queensland:
At RFDS Queensland we have been investing in our future. We have a variety of new Flight Nurse opportunities resulting from revised shifts, internal promotions and an unprecedented investment in training careers for our clinical workforce. It is an exciting time to start a career as a Queensland Flight Nurse.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bass, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About The Role:
- Townsville Base
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (QLD Section) is seeking suitably skilled and qualified nurses for the role of Flight Nurse (Midwifery) at our Townsville Base. The services provided from this base range from inter-hospital transfers to aeromedical and emergency response in remote areas. Our Flight Nurses are a valued and respected part of the aeromedical tam, showcasing their high-level clinical skills and patient care on a daily basis, and enjoying the challenge of never knowing what the day will bring.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to the team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (full-time equivalent) in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (Can be obtained prior to starting employment).
- Ability to spend considerable time working and/or travelling in the confined spaces of a small aircraft.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section):
- Passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Going above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embracing the challenges our organisation faces — have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see work and life like never before.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus not for profit salary sacrificing benefits, relocation assistance if required and commitment to support your professional development. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties.
Apply Now or For further information regarding this role please contact Priscilla Lange, Manager — Clinical and Base Operations on 07 4775 3111.
Please note: As part of our process, we need to establish your full-time equivalent experience in a critical care environment. The following employment history information should be clearly documented in your CV:
- Job Title — Level
- Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
- Department, Facility, Location
- Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
- Nature of Roles: Full-time, part-time or casual. If part-time, provide full-time equivalent (FTE), e.g. FTE 0.25. If casual, how many shifts?
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.