Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Job No: RFDS373
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
“It would be so hard for me to go back to a hospital now. At RFDS, you never know what you’re flying into. You turn up to the base with the pilot, pack the plane and fly out to the patient. The dynamic working environment is invigorating.” — Flight Nurse Brisbane
Careers in Queensland:
At RFDS Queensland we have been investing in our future. We have a variety of new Flight Nurse opportunities resulting from revised shifts, internal promotions and an unprecedented investment in training careers for our clinical workforce. It is an exciting time to start a career as a Queensland Flight Nurse.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
About the role:
- Permanent full-time and part-time opportunities
- Location: Charleville
- FIFO considered
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably skilled and qualified nurses for the role of Flight Nurse (Midwifery) at our Charleville Base with an immediate start. Services provided from Charleville Base include aeromedical retrievals and primary health care clinics incorporating general practice, child and family health, health promotion and field days.
We will offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, one which will support your professional development, further develop your nursing skills and satisfy your desire to make a difference.
The role is permanently based in Charleville. RFDS will offer relocation support and remote area benefits. RFDS will consider FIFO from Brisbane and supply accommodation for suitable candidates.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations. And with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland, well, you’ll see work and life like never before.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, plus not for profit salary sacrificing benefits, relocation assistance if required and commitment to support your professional development. A comprehensive orientation program is provided prior to the commencement of duties.
Who we are looking for?
You are an experienced and high-performing Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA registration, with exceptional patient care and equal commitment to contributing to team and operational goals.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience (full-time equivalent) in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24 hour in-department medical coverage or a recognised Intensive Care Unit. The required time can consist of critical care experience across both environments.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal resuscitation certification. (Can be obtained prior to starting employment).
- Interest in remote area primary health care delivery
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
1. Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
2. Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
3. Embrace the challenges our organisation faces — have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
For further information on the role itself, please contact Joanne Mahony, Manager Clinical and Base Operations on (07) 4656 5920.
Please note: As part of our process, we need to establish your full-time equivalent experience in a critical care environment. The following employment history information should be clearly documented in your CV:
• Job Title — Level
• Start date (month, year) to end date (month, year)
• Department, Facility, Location
• Brief description of unit/department, e.g. Bed numbers, case mix, types of patients cared for, specialty services, work volume
• Nature of Roles: Full-time, part-time or casual. If part-time, provide full-time equivalent (FTE), e.g. FTE 0.25. If casual, how many shifts?
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Application process: https://flyingdoctor.applynow.net.au/jobs/RFDS373