Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 6
Remuneration: $160,748 — $175,866 per annum.
Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: REQ 117013
Applications Close: 28 July 2019
General Manager – Wagga Wagga Base Hospital
Are you a highly capable and experienced General Manager (GM) with a passionate resolve to shape the direction of a Base Hospital, during an exciting redevelopment phase?
Reporting to the Director Clinical Operations, Sector Two and as a key member of MLHD’s senior leadership team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a complex range of clinical services at Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH).
As an energetic and inspiring leader, you will thrive working closely with an array of internal and external community and government stakeholders; with an exceptional ability to ‘bring people together on the journey working effectively and in collaboration with our communities is pivotal to your success and importantly, the sustainability of Wagga Wagga Base Hospital.
If you are a strategic leader seeking a unique opportunity to plan and deliver a redevelopment project of significant magnitude and would like to contribute to a lasting legacy for the people of Wagga Wagga, then this is the role for you!
About Wagga Wagga Base Hospital
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with over 300 beds, 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations annually.
A significant three stage re-build of WWBH is well underway, with the third and final stage of the redevelopment, a six-storey Ambulatory Care Building, commencing in 2018. Construction is due to be completed late 2020 with operational commissioning in 2021.
Stages 1 and 2 completed in 2017, delivered a new 50-bed Mental Health Building and a 7‑storey Acute Services Building. Wagga Wagga Base Hospital includes an emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient unit, intensive care and high dependency unit, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and a rooftop helipad. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
In total, the NSW Government is investing $431 million in the development of Wagga Wagga Health Service. It represents one of the largest health redevelopment in the state.
Further information about the WWHS Redevelopment is available here.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Management and/or demonstrated equivalent knowledge, experience and training
- Demonstrated record of operational management at a senior level within the health sector and an understanding of the health system clinical governance processes
- Demonstrated experience in managing budget, including episode funding, management of activity and cost of business operations in a complex environment
- Capability to lead change, new models of care and create and environment for innovation and excellence
For a more comprehensive account of the role please view the Position Description. (Details below)
What can we offer?
- A career defining opportunity to lead and direct clinical service delivery and all matters relating to the administration and operation of Wagga Wagga Base Hospital
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging provisions: range $160,748 — $175,866
- An opportunity to build and inspire an executive team charged with delivering sustainable future growth
- A relocation package may be negotiated for the right candidate
About the great community of Wagga Wagga!
Known as the hub of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga has recently been recognised as one of the ‘top family friendly’ cities in Australia; boasting a rich range of cultural experiences, a strong sporting culture and a wide selection of schools and education options for families.
With an urban population over 60,000 people, Wagga Wagga is NSW’s largest inland city and offers a myriad of activities to enjoy, including a wonderful selection of restaurants, cafes, markets and wineries, galleries and museums.
To learn more about life in Wagga Wagga please visit: https://visitwagga.com/
To find out more contact MLHD Chief Executive, Jill Ludford on 0429 366 961 or via email Jill.Ludford@health.nsw.gov.au for a confidential discussion.
To apply visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au... and enter REQ 117013.
Applications close 28 July 2019.
What is it like to work with us at MLHD? Follow us on FB, LI and Instagram and visit https://www.mlhd.health.nsw.go...