- Opportunity to live and work in community with the Yolngu people
- Be part of improving health outcomes
- Rewarding experience both professionally and personally
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) are partnering with Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation to find a General Practitioner to join their passionate team in their newly established health service in Ramininging NT.
Miwatj Health’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of residents of the communities of East Arnhem Land through the delivery of appropriate and comprehensive primary health care and to promote the control by Aboriginal communities of primary health care resources.
Being successful in the role of General Practitioner, you will be able to provide excellent medical services to the population served by Miwatj Health. Managing acute and chronic conditions with a multidisciplinary approach, will be both rewarding, challenging and a life-changing experience. Being able to experience health conditions, you may not have experienced in any other location, will expand your clinical, cultural knowledge and existing skills, whilst delivering your best health care.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Active participation in the daily clinical and health promotional routines
- Manage referrals of patients from other members of the health team
- Review and follow-up of patients with on-going conditions
- Participate in rostered clinics and outreach services such as, Chronic Conditions and Child Health
- Provide “in-service” education to health staff