General Practitioner- Remote
REMOTE GENERAL PRACTITIONER POSITIONS
BASED AT NTARIA, SANTA TERESA & UTJU
- Base salary: $211,907 - $238,407 (p.a.)
- Total effective package: $256,229 - $285,783 (p.a.)
- Full-time and part-time positions available, 2 year maximum term contracts
Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) has over 40 years’ experience providing comprehensive primary health care for Aboriginal people living in Central Australia. Congress is seeking General Practitioners (GP) who are interested in making a genuine contribution to improving health outcomes for Aboriginal people.
The General Practitioner provides culturally safe GP services to communities in Central Australia. Congress operates Health Services in and nearby Alice Springs including the following remote communities; Mutitjulu, Ntaria and Wallace Rockhole, Santa Teresa and Utju.
The GP position(s) work within a multidisciplinary team practising interesting and complex medicine. With substantial supports and collegiate networks available including visiting specialists, this role is integral to ensuring clinical leadership, cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care.
As well as a wonderful lifestyle and rewarding work, Congress offers the following rewards:
- Generous salary packaging
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
- A strong commitment to Professional Development (PD) with
- 1 week paid PD leave
- Access to Congress provided medical services for self and
- immediate family at no cost
- Family friendly conditions
- Furnished Accommodation provided with amenities such as
- WIFI and Foxtel
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Remote Area Leave
- or Remote Assignment Conditions (FIFO) with paid travel
- in/out of Alice Springs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- District allowance
- Medicare Incentive Scheme
- General Practice Rural Incentives Program - Congress operates in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $35K in urban and $60K in rural locations
*Total effective package includes base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, and estimated tax saving from salary packaging options.
For more information regarding the above positions please contact the Medical Director, Sam Heard on # 0438 556 050 or
Expressions of Interests and Ongoing Applications are Welcome
To apply for this job go to: www.caac.org.au/hr & enter ref code: 4542254.
Applications close 31 December 2019