Health Centre Manager
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Service (KAMS), now has a rewarding opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their multidisciplinary team as a Health Centre Manager. This role is based in Kutjungka, WA and will be offered on a full-time 6 weeks on, two weeks off roster basis plus one-week annual leave.
In this role, you will be responsible for the general management and day-to-day operations of a remote clinic providing leadership and support to the Kutjungka health team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Leading a multidisciplinary team and coordinating external health service providers to provide a quality and comprehensive primary health care service to the community;
- Managing the operational budget of the health centre in consultation with the Executive Manager Remote Services to ensure appropriate financial management and reporting of the health centre resources;
- Coordinating and providing professional, evidence based primary health care to individuals, families and the community, utilising a holistic and culturally acceptable approach; and
- Identifying and developing systems and programs that will contribute toward overall quality improvement of the service.
To be successful in this role, you will be a Registered Nurse and hold AHPRA registration. You will also have excellent leadership and management skills and a strong understanding of cultural safety including a commitment to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services.
In this role, it is essential that you have a demonstrated commitment to the quality improvement process and the ability to lead change management.
KAMS is looking for an individual with highly developed interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people.
While not essential, candidates with previous experience working within Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations will be held in high regard.
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. These are highly attractive opportunities for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
There is also a wide range of fantastic additional benefits for the role, including:
- Attractive base salary of $114,514 PLUS Super;
- Accommodation provided whilst in the community;
- District allowance of $2,740 (single) or $5,480 (double);
- Annual airfares of $1,285; and
- 25% of base salary for availability and call out.
Working closely with patients, their families and carers, this is a role where you will witness the direct positive impact you’re making in the community, as part of a close-knit KAMS team. You will be continually recognised for your dedication and hard work!
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Don’t miss this exciting and rewarding opportunity to have a positive impact on the health outcomes of Indigenous communities in the spectacular Kimberley region - Apply Now!
For further information call HR on 08 9194 3200 or apply now at https://kamsc-iframe.applynow.net.au/jobs/KAMS65