Manager - Clinical and Base Operations
Job No: RFDS340
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2019
This is a senior frontline manager role reporting to the State Manager, Operations where your primary responsibility will be to provide effective supportive management for the Bundaberg team and leadership to the Senior Base Pilot, Flight Nurses and administration employees
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
Royal Flying Doctor Service — Queensland Section (RFDS Qld) now has a unique opportunity for a Manager — Clinical and Base Operations to join their Bundaberg team on a permanent full-time basis.
This is a senior frontline manager role reporting to the State Manager, Operations where your primary responsibility will be to provide effective supportive management for the Bundaberg team and leadership to the Senior Base Pilot, Flight Nurses and administration employees.
This role offers the unique opportunity to utilise your exceptional leadership skills whilst providing high quality patient care, with approximately two shifts per week dedicated to operational base leadership, and two clinical shift per week performing Aeromedical Flight Nurse responsibilities. As such, to be successful in the role you will be a Registered Nurse/Midwife and have prior experience working in a critical care environment.
The essential components of your role will consist of:
- Leading a high performance culture to ensure that base staff actively support and positively contribute to meeting the company’s strategic objectives;
- Overseeing all base operations in conjunction with the base team to ensure service delivery KPIs are achieved, and the base staff are delivery focused;
- Being an ambassador for our service in the area and support close working relations with internal, external stakeholders and service providers;
- Managing work rosters, base budgets, leave balances and planning, while also being on call for staff issues and operational incidents;
- Ensuring base resources are utilised effectively to enable the delivery of a 24⁄7 safe, high quality and efficient service meeting our community and contractual obligations;
- Facilitating the provision of nursing education activities including but not limited to supporting nurse educator roles and enabling student placements;
- Performing clinical services as required by the base roster, including providing high-quality care that reflects current best practice to patients on transfers and retrievals.
Why join Us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a valuable member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you will come to work knowing that you and your colleagues are providing vital support to people in Queensland communities. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant, comprising of a base salary, super, relocation assistance if needed and generous salary packaging arrangements.
For full information and Application process please go to . https://flyingdoctor.applynow.net.au/jobs/RFDS340
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2019