Mental Health Emergency Care Support Centre Clinicians (MHECS)
About the role
Seeking three experienced Mental Health Emergency Care Support Centre Clinicians (MHECS) to join our team at Wagga Wagga in a full time or part time capacity.
Come and be part of a dedicated and passionate multidisciplinary team responsible for coordinating and delivering emergency mental health assessment and support services to persons presenting to our Emergency Departments experiencing acute mental health crises and / or at the risk of behavioural disturbances
As a MHECS Clinician you will demonstrate the ability to act as a professional role model, delivering a high level capacity for patient advocacy and cost benefit practice while demonstrating the ability to act as a change agent. You will provide effective clinical leadership and the ability to practice as an autonomous professional with the capacity to work within a multidisciplinary team environment. You will also assist in allocating workloads and work through complex mental health presentations with other clinicians providing the best possible outcomes.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in mental health as a Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist, or other qualification recognised under the Health Professionals Award. Current Registration with AHPRA (RN’s, Psychologists & OT’s) or eligibility for membership of the relevant peak body.
- Post graduate qualifications relevant to Mental Health or working towards.
- Demonstrated extensive understanding and experience in the application of the NSW Mental Health Act 2007; forensic provisions as well national and state mental health initiatives and strategic directions.
What we can offer:
- Flexible rostering
- A great blend of allied health and nursing staff
- A strong mentoring programme for new staff
- Support and encouragement with ongoing training
- All staff paid at CNS 2 or health professional level 3
- Opportunities for secondments within the service
- A productive and harmonious team culture
To find out more please contact Sharlene Brown via Sharlene.Brown@health.nsw.gov.au or to apply please visit https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/mlhd and enter REQ101077
Applications close: 6 June 19