Norfolk Island Health and Residential Aged Care Service
About Norfolk Island
Norfolk Island is an Australian Territory located in the Pacific Ocean, 1400 km from Brisbane, 1600 km from Sydney and 1000 km from Auckland. Enjoying a sub-tropical climate, Norfolk Island offers a relaxed, unique and friendly lifestyle within world class holiday surroundings.
About the service
The Norfolk Island Health and Residential Aged Care Service (NIHRACS) provides primary and acute care, GP Clinic, residential aged care and community health services to Norfolk Island’s 2,000 residents and visitors. The service operates from a combined small hospital/GP clinic setting within a multipurpose service model.
About the position
The successful applicant will assess, plan, organise, deliver, evaluate, and report on the provision of high quality Physiotherapy care in our MultiPurpose Service. Services include care to inpatients, aged care residents and the general public. We are offering excellent remuneration along with relocation assistance. We can negotiate a fixed term contract or permanent full-time depending on the needs of the applicant.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send us your CV and the details of two referees along with a cover letter explaining how you meet the following selection criteria:
1. Qualifications in accordance with Schedule C of the Health Professionals (State) Award and current practising registration with the Australian Health Professionals Regulating Authority (AHPRA).
2. Extensive post graduate clinical experience in physiotherapy.
3. Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels.
4. Ability to provide in-depth advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence, with the capacity to provide clinical supervision to other staff.
5. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel, complex or critical nature.
6. Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff.
7. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
8. Commitment to developing an excellent physiotherapy service for the community of Norfolk Island.
Applications and enquiries should be addressed to:
P – +6723 22091
Applications close: Friday 8 November 2019