Remote Area Nurse
KAMS now has an opportunity for a Remote Area Nurse to join their friendly, multidisciplinary team in the Kutjungka, WA, on a full-time basis, 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Reporting to the Clinic Manager, you’ll be required to work as part of a team delivering coordinated and comprehensive Primary Health and emergency care to members of the Remote Area region.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality Primary Health Care to individuals, families and the community, according to agreed guidelines and protocols, in order to meet health outcomes;
- Coordinating the activities within assigned Portfolios (e.g. Chronic Disease, Immunisation, Sexual Health, Rheumatic Heart Disease, PATS etc.), including meeting monthly reporting and performance measures;
- Taking responsibility for data entry into the MMEx Patient Information System and informing management of issues affecting security or quality of data;
- Acting as a clinical resource to orientate, support, mentor, and develop new staff, students, and other members of the health team; and
- Participating in clinical audit and reporting activities related to clinical practice and improved patient outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse, who is registered or is eligible for registration with, AHPRA. You’ll have the demonstrated ability to provide quality healthcare, including emergency care, with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience, with a good understanding of rural and remote health issues.
Ideally, you would have lived and/or worked as a Nurse in a remote area previously, with a commitment to the principals of an Aboriginal community controlled health service and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team. A high level of integrity and a dedication to maintaining patient confidentiality will ensure you flourish in this position.
KAMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This role is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive salary package including a base salary of $102,375 plus super and a further host of benefits, including:
- On call loading (25% of base salary);
- District allowance $2,740 p.a.;
- Isolation airfare reimbursement $1,200;
- Isolation leave of: 2 weeks every 6 weeks in the community;
- Annual airfares subsidy to the value of $1,285 p.a. (after 12 months of service);
- 5 weeks leave p.a.; and
- Accommodation provided whilst in the community.
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in stunning outback locations. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!
This position closes on the 25th June 2019. For further information call Josie Carson on 08 9168 8953 or apply now at https://kamsc-iframe.applynow.net.au/jobs/KAMS66