School Health Nurse
KAMS now has an opportunity for a School Health Nurse to join their friendly, multidisciplinary team in Kutjungka, WA, on a full-time basis, 10 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Reporting to the Health Centre Manager, you’ll be required to work as part of a team for the coordination and delivery of school health services.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional evidence based school, adolescent and child health care to individuals, families and the community utilising a holistic and culturally acceptable approach.
- Practise according to the Kimberley Child Health Protocols, Remote Community School Health Program, and relevant legislation in order to meet health outcomes.
- Provide comprehensive school based health education, early detection, coordination to specialist services, and public health programs to 4-17year old children, their families and community.
- Perform routine and opportunistic immunisations with the view of improving immunisation rates among children.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary interagency meetings, particularly with the Department of Child Protection and Family Support (CPFS), and liaise with clinical staff appropriately to ensure at risk families are supported to engage with maternal and child health services.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse, who is registered or is eligible for registration with, AHPRA. You’ll have the demonstrated ability to planning, provision, management and evaluation of school health services within an Indigenous primary health care setting and a good understanding of rural and remote health issues.
Ideally, you would have lived and/or worked as a Nurse in a remote area previously, with a commitment to the principals of an Aboriginal community controlled health service and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team. A high level of integrity and a dedication to maintaining patient confidentiality will ensure you flourish in this position.
This position closes on the 28th May 2019. For further information call Josie Carson on 9168 8953 or apply now at https://kamsc-iframe.applynow.net.au/jobs/KAMS58