Senior Mental Health Clinician
Job No: RFDS365 Location: Longreach
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
The RFDS is seeking an experienced Mental Health Clinician to join the team at our Longreach Base on a fixed term, full time basis to increase the provision of services to those rural communities that would otherwise have little or no access to mental health supports. This is an ideal opportunity for those who are looking to advance their mental health career in an exciting, supportive environment, or for established practitioners to increase their autonomy.
Why join Us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You will be working with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a valuable member of a passionate team driving RFDS service and care, you will come to work knowing that you and your colleagues are providing vital support to people in Queensland communities. Critically, you are also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience including salary packaging, remote area incentives and relocation assistance if required. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team which encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Who we are looking for?
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary Mental Health qualifications in the professional areas of Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or membership with Australian Association Social Workers (AASW)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver psychological support in a flexible and responsive approach through brief interventions, ongoing therapeutic counselling, case management, and mental health education.
- Understanding of the objectives and principles of welfare reform, including a commitment to supporting and strengthening of community action around restoration of social norms, and the empowerment of individuals to take responsibility for making positive choices about their health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with remote communities with an understanding of the health and wellbeing issues that impact them.
There are three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland Section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces — have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing and apply and maintain a current Bluecard. You will be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process which includes providing certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
For further information please contact Dr Mal Hatcher, Team Leader — PHC on 07 4652 5800.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.