- Join a passionate team in Alice Springs NT
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Ongoing CPD
NT Friendship & Support Inc is a not for profit organisation offering services to Katherine, Alice Springs and surrounding regional Communities. They provide a wide range of support services to individuals and families living with a disability, social support for seniors, short term accommodation and deliver out of home care for children under the NT Care and Protection Act. NT Friendship & Support are a progressive, contemporary outside of the box innovative organisation, with person centered proactive at their core.
Rural Workforce Agency (RWA) NT are partnering with NT Friendship and Support to find a Speech Pathologist to join their Alice Springs Office in the Northern Territory. This is a newly created role which will encompass NT Friendship and Support’s new placement program partnership with Flinders University. The role will supervise appropriate student placements undertaking Allied Health Disciplines of Occupational therapy and Speech Pathology.
This role will also qualify for Academic status associated with Flinders University.
The Location: Alice Springs
Famously known for Uluru, the Red Centre region of Central Australia is a desert environment with mainly dry hot summers and cool dry winters. The area draws tourist interest due to the town of Alice Springs and the impressive natural attractions in the area such as Palm Valley National Park, the West MacDonnell Ranges, the Finke Gorge and popular events such as the Camel Cup. ‘The Alice’ is the second largest town in the Territory with more than 25,000 people calling it home. The town has all the amenities one needs, with shopping malls, schools and recreational activities available..
- Liaison with NDIA staff, Aged Care providers, Coordination of Supports and Plan Managers.
- Working closely with clients, families and stakeholders of the organisation.
- Provision of Speech Pathology services to client in a clinic, home and community setting.
- Assessing and developing Behavioural Support Plans.
- Applying a best practice approach Providing necessary assessment and treatments in relation to client needs and goals.
- Commitment to client outcomes and evidence-based practice.
- Working with and partnering with people from various cultures and backgrounds and ensuring cultural sensitivity is applied were necessary.
- Working independently and collaboratively within a supportive team environment and other Katherine organisations.
- Collaborate with Flinders University Placement Team regarding Student placements.