This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
First Line Triage
Designed specifically for Medical Receptionists and/or Practice Nurses with a focus on the application of triage principals in a primary health setting
About this course
- Are you the first point of contact for patients in your health service?
- Are you required to assess patients for an appointment?
The CRANAplus First Line Triage course (FLTC) focuses on the triage of patients and appointment management in a primary health setting. The course upskills the primary health practitioner to confidently assess patients and apply the principles of triage to ensure patients receive appropriate care.
CRANAplus encourages candidates to apply the knowledge and skills learnt within the context of the policies of the employing health service and within each individual’s own scope of practice.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed to meet the needs of the primary health workforce, especially medical receptionists, Practice Nurses and General Practitioners who may be required to perform triage and appointment management.
If you have any queries about the course or its relevance to your practice, submit an enquiry here.
These courses are usually delivered on an organisational basis with prices being provided upon application.
The CRANAplus First Line Triage course consists of 2 components:
- Pre course reading that must be completed prior to attendance at the workshop
- Attendance at a 3 hour workshop consisting of lectures and practical based scenarios and activities
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of triage assessment in a primary health setting
- Describe the challenges associated with triaging in a primary health setting
- Demonstrate an understanding of “The prioritisation of patients: A guide to urgency for non-clinical staff” (Popguns Triage Tool) and its implementation
- Develop an understanding of the medico-legal aspects of triage
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus First Line Triage course certificate of successful completion (Valid for 2 years)
The class was well presented and enjoyable. I found it useful, as my knowledge in the field is little. Thanks!
Participant, Ayr 2016, Qld