Free webinar - Reducing the risk of stillbirth
Join us for a discussion of strategies for a safer pregnancy on 27 October. Find out more.
Undertake our remote management program, tailored to the unique context of remote practice
CRANAplus understands the challenges remote managers experience on a daily basis in dealing with the staff at a distance, leading change, and being responsible for the delivery of safe, quality care. Whilst there is an overabundance of leadership and management programs, there are few that address the remote context and associated challenges managers experience in remote health services.
CRANAplus has designed a Remote Management Program to enhance and broaden the existing experience of managers working within a remote health setting. The program takes an action-based learning approach and its aim is to improve skills in leadership, management, clinical governance and project management.
This course is for:
- Acting managers
- Aspiring managers
Who would like to:
- Increase their confidence in leadership and management
- Better understand clinical governance and a manager’s roles and responsibilities.
- Undertake workplace needs analysis or an evaluation project reports.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement projects.
The course consists of:
- Four online modules (access is provided 8 weeks prior to workshop).
- A face-to-face workshop conducted over two days to consolidate learning through topic sessions, group discussions and small group activities.
- Project implementation and completion of an Evaluation Project Report.
On completion, participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Remote Management Program Certificate.
- CPD Points.
Partaking managers will be mentored by an Australian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) registered member from rural and remote areas. It is expected that the mentoring relationship will be for a period of 6 – 8 months.
Journal writing is an essential requirement for the online modules, project implementation and ACHSM Mentoring Program.