The NHS was formed in 1985 We are a community-controlled health service that provides professional and culturally appropriate health care to the Ngaanyatjarra people in Western Australia.
NHS works closely with the Ngaanyatjarra people to provide health care and education, encourage sustainable lifestyles through diet and physical well being and deliver health related training and training facilities for people on the lands.
We provide an extensive range of support and health programmes, including:
- Eleven permanent health clinics
- A fully equipped dental clinic at Warburton and a mobile dental van
- An 18-bed aged care facility
- In-home services via our HACC Programme
- Electronic patient information and recall system
- Occupational Therapy
- Specialist visits
- Speech Pathology
- Sexual Health