Spinifex Health Service
The Spinifex Health Service is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled Health Service located in Tjuntjuntjara on the Spinifex Lands.
The Spinifex Health Service is an expanding Aboriginal Community-Controlled Health Service located in the Tjuntjuntjara Community on the Spinifex Lands, 680km north-east of Kalgoorlie in the Great Victoria Desert region of Western Australia.
Our aims are to:
- Improve the patient’s journey and access to health care services and help close the gap in life expectancy for the Spinifex People
- Develop and deliver a high quality evidenced-based comprehensive primary care service that address the current and future health needs of the community
- Advocate for and support the health and community development aspirations of the community by working holistically with all community and agency stakeholders to address the social and environmental determinants of health
- Develop a Social and Emotional Well-Being Program with a focus on youth and improving access to mental health services
- Address early childhood development and maternal health needs in the community
- Improve community access to HACC, disability and aged care services and facilities
- Build our workforce capacity to achieve excellence in remote service delivery
- Achieve best practice in community, corporate and clinical governance
- Plan and improve health infrastructure to meet our needs
To achieve these goals the Spinifex Health Service provides a comprehensive primary health care service from the Tjuntjuntjara Clinic, with a strong focus on chronic disease management, child and maternal health, social& emotional well-being, aged care and Home and Community Care (HACC).
As a member of the Kakarrara Wilurrara Health Alliance, AHCWA and the Goldfields Region Aboriginal Health Planning Forum the SHS and community are benefiting from improved regional engagement and partnerships in service provision.