Remote Management Program
CRANAplus understands the challenges remote managers experience on a daily basis dealing with staff at a distance, leading change, being responsible for the delivery of safe, quality care. Whilst there is a gamut of leadership and management programs, there are none that address the contextualisation of remoteness and associated challenges managers experience in remote health services.
The Remote Management Program is designed to enhance and broaden the manager’s existing expertise regarding leadership and management, clinical governance, and project management underpinned by an action learning approach.
Managers will be mentored by an Australian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) registered member from rural and remote areas. It is expected that the mentoring relationship will be for a period of 6-8 months.
Journal writing is an essential requirement for the on-line modules, project implementation and ACHSM Mentoring Program.
Who is this course for?
- Acting managers
- Aspiring managers
The CRANAplus Remote Management Program consists of 3 Components;
1) Completion of 4 online modules;
- Action Learning for managers
- Leadership and Management
- Clinical Governance
- Project Management
2) Attendance at a 2-day workshop to consolidate your learning through topic sessions, group discussions and small group activities.
3) Participation in the ACHSM Mentorship Program.
A timetable can be downloaded here: Time Table - RMP Courses 2017
Participants of this course will be able to:
- Describe their leadership and management attributes necessary for the implementation of quality improvement project.
- Outline Clinical Governance, their roles and responsibilities and its application in the remote settings.
- Undertake workplace ‘needs analysis’
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate their quality improvement project
- Undertake an evaluation project report
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- Certificate of Remote Management Program
- CPD Points
CRANAplus Member $600 Non-Member $650
I have found the modules useful and they have given me the big picture about managing a clinic….I only wish they were around 10 years ago when I was struggling to understand what I was supposed to do in the role of manager…. Meeting with the others in the program made me feel that I wasn't the only one with the issues about managing. I gained some good ideas and appreciated the situations others were in.
Course Attendee - Alice Springs - July 2016