Free webinar - Reducing the risk of stillbirth
Join us for a discussion of strategies for a safer pregnancy on 27 October. Find out more.
Browse through the employment listings below to become an integral part of the delivery of health care to remote Australia
Director of Nursing
Posted: 12 Oct 2021
Location: Beaconsfield TAS
Lead and manage a range of inpatient/residential/community based services provided from the relevant rural health facility including the management of resources; and undertake a leadership role in ensuring that clinical and support services/infrastructure meet quality and safety standards and are in accordance with Agency performance objectives and community expectations.
Facilitate the development and maintenance of strong communication links within the Agency and with other government and non-government agencies, community health service providers and other key groups and consumers regarding health service priorities.
The Director of Nursing works autonomously in the coordination of health services with the Nursing Director — Primary Health North, and Primary Health senior managers, providing management direction and support. Professional clinical support will be provided as required. The occupant will be responsible for:
- Undertaking a leadership role in the development and delivery of quality inpatient/residential/community services within the area of responsibility, including the promotion and maintenance of effective consultative mechanisms with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring services are meeting community needs.
- Managing and monitoring the effective use of human and physical capital resources within the area of responsibility, and for being aware of all policies, procedures and legislation affecting the duties of this position.
- Undertaking a pro-active role in developing, leading and implementing activities and programs, which promotes best practice and ensures compliance with national standards. This includes being responsible for overall professional standards of clinical nursing practice and coordination of professional development opportunities and leading and promoting research activities.
- Providing high level professional advice and support to the Nursing Director — Primary Health North, Assistant Director of Nursing, Area Services Coordinator and Area Business Manager for the development and effective functioning of health services.
- Ensuring that all Work Health and Safety (WH&S) legislation, workplace diversity and codes of practice are available in the workplace and are adhered to. Accountable for WH&S issues at any workplace under their management.
- Where applicable, exercising delegations in accordance with a range of Acts, Regulations, Awards, administrative authorities and functional arrangements as mandated by Statutory office holders including the Secretary and Head of State Service. The relevant Unit Manager can provide details to the occupant of delegations applicable to this position.
- Complying at all times with policy and protocol requirements, including those relating to mandatory education, training and assessment.
Please note that applicants who have experience and knowledge in aged care will be highly regarded.
Note: — Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Situated 40 kms from Launceston on the banks of the Tamar River
- Gold-mining town in the heart of the Tamar Valley Wine Region
- Provides sub-acute, aged care and community services
Details of Appointment
Permanent full time day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
Salary: $120,894 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with registered Nurse, Grade 8 Level 2, Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Relevant post graduate qualifications
- Current drivers license
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- Sex related offences
- Serious drug offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- 504533, 504588, 507406, 507621, 512458, 526149 Director of Nursing G8‑2 (July 2021) HR.pdf
- 504533, 504588, 507406, 507621, 512458, 526149 Director of Nursing G8‑2 (July 2021) HR.docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. https://careers.pageuppeople.c… Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an application form detailing your experience, skills and knowledge through the addressing of the selection criteria from the Statement of Duties attached above.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nursing Director — Primary Health North
Phone: (03) 6777 4500
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.