This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to become an integral part of the delivery of health care to remote Australia
Registered Nurse - Community (502544)
Posted: 6 Sep 2021
Location: Nth West TAS
The Department of Health are seeking suitably qualified applicants for the role of Registered Nurse – Community located in North West Tasmania.
The Registered Nurse — Community:
- Consistent with ongoing experience strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals within the defined community practice area.
- Please refer to the statement of duties for a full list of duties.
The Hellyer Community Nursing Service operates within a Primary Health framework to deliver nursing care to the Burnie/Wynyard/Penguin communities. Community nursing services are available in clinic settings at Community Health Centres or in-home visits for Hospital in the Home clients and those unable to attend a clinic.
Nursing care includes chronic and complex wound care including Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, indwelling and supra pubic catheter changes and management, end of life palliative care including syringe driver management, post-acute care following discharge from hospital and medication management including support and management of medications via IV/IM/Subcut routes. Venepuncture, cannulation and PICC management are attended following supported credentialing for those wishing to advance their skills.
Service delivery models are:
- General Community Nursing
- Community Nursing Enhanced Care Service (CoNECS ) ‑Direct referral from Emergency Department for free short-term care at Community Nursing clinics for clients requiring IV medication & wound care (including burns care) following presentation at DEM
- Hospital in the Home (HITH) programme- Clients are transferred to a ‘virtual ward’ and cared for at home under the care of their consultant by Community nurses
Details of Appointment:
Multiple Permanent Full Time and Part Time, Shift-Worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Salary: $66,421 — $91,807 pro-rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Pre-employment checks
How to apply
Apply online here by submitting a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the online attached Statement of Duties.
For more information
Phone 03 6477 7355
Position: Nurse Unit Manager, Hellyer
Closes 20 September 2021.