Browse through the employment listings below to become an integral part of the delivery of health care to remote Australia
Remote Area Nurse
Posted: 2 Dec 2021
Location: Maree, Marla or Andamooka SA
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic Remote Area Nurses (RAN) to join our primary health care team.
- Multiple casual opportunities
- Marree, Marla or Andamooka Clinics, South Australia
- Competitive Rate
About the Opportunity
The Royal Flying Doctor Service are leaders in providing aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural and regional locations across Australia. We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic Remote Area Nurses (RAN) to join our primary health care team. You will enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team providing primary health care and emergency services to the community and visitors.
Marree is 660km North East of Adelaide and is an important service centre for the large sheep and cattle stations in the area as well as a stopover destination for tourists travelling along the Birdsville or Oodnadatta Tracks. The town of Marree has a population of approximately 100 and a district population of approximately 500. The town has a rich Aboriginal and Afghan history.
Marla is 970km North West of Adelaide and 676 km North of Port Augusta and was established as a place for the provision of essential services to travellers crossing the continent including camping and caravan facilities, an art gallery and roadhouse. It is an administrative centre for the North West part of South Australia. The town of Marla has a population of approximately 100 people.
Andamooka is 6100m North of Adelaide, with Coober Pedy 400km to the North West. It is a quirky outback opal mining town with a big heart, and a diverse cultural mix such as Aboriginal, English Hungarian and Yugoslavian. The population is around 300.
- be a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years post qualification general nursing experience
- have additional significant remote area nursing experience.
- Have experience in Emergency Nursing, acute nursing, advanced clinical practice and assessment skills
- have a demonstrated understanding of the principles of Primary Health care, community development and the social determinants of health
- demonstrate the ability to work independently, collaboratively and effectively in a multidisciplinary environment
- evidence utilising your experience in emergency situations and following established guidelines and procedures.
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to demonstrate initiative, compassion and enthusiasm.
As part of our remote nursing team, you will be provided with interesting work and be supported to achieve your best with rent-free housing, utilities and internet.
If you have an adventurous spirit and enjoy making a positive difference to the health outcomes of individuals living in remote and rural communities, this opportunity could be for you.
For the position description please click here
To Apply please click here: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf0…
For further details please contact Gwen Ferguson, Manager Remote Area Clinics, on 0429 123 238.
The RFDS has mandatory vaccination requirements. Please contact us if you would like to know more.