Free webinar - Reducing the risk of stillbirth
Join us for a discussion of strategies for a safer pregnancy on 27 October. Find out more.
Browse through the employment listings below to become an integral part of the delivery of health care to remote Australia
Remote Area Nurse - Shark Bay
Posted: 7 Oct 2021
Location: Shark Bay WA
Silver Chain has a fantastic opportunity for a Remote Area Nurse (RAN) to join the busy team up in Shark Bay WA.
Non-Primary Remote Area Nurse
- Attractive salary packaging options — up to $15,899 tax free
- Isolation period covered if coming from interstate
- Permanent, Full time role – 75 hours per fortnight
- Busy team in the beautiful Shark Bay, WA
- 2 post Nurse position
About Silver Chain
We are a not-for-profit organisation delivering community health and aged care services across Australia. We help people of all ages to receive the care they need so they can continue to live independently at home. We focus on individual strengths and abilities and offer our support and guidance where needed.
We have a proud history of serving Australians for over 110 years in Western Australia and more than 120 years as RDNS in South Australia. We currently deliver our services in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. We are proud of our history, innovation and leading services and are excited about our future.
Silver Chain has a fantastic opportunity for a Remote Area Nurse (RAN) to join the busy team up in Shark Bay WA. The role is offered as a Permanent, full time role 75 hours a fortnight (standard hours being 8.30am – 4.30am) and when you are not busy in the clinic you can enjoy the beautiful coastline this area has to offer!
In this position you will be pivotal to the community and travelers passing through. You will utilize your previous RAN experience to deliver emergency, routine and non-emergency Care and clinical assessments.
Relationships with stakeholders and the surrounding communities are important to this role so you can understand the health needs and requirements. You may be required to identify and deliver health promotion and education to the community based the needs you identify.
There is a shared on call roster with this role – Evenings and alternate weekends
To be successful in this role you will have well-developed interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills. You will enjoy working in remote/regional locations and understand the importance of your immediate and state-wide team.
Silver Chain are offering isolation period cover options if you are moving from interstate.
- Current AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse with no restrictions
- Advanced Clinical assessment skills
- Experience in Emergency Nursing
- The ability to Plan and implement holistic care for clients, family and community
- Have sound knowledge of the principles of primary health care delivery
- A current driver’s licence
- 5 years post grad experience — essential
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- Fantastic overall package including base salary, over-time, on call allowance, recall payment – plus salary packaging of up to $15,899 per annum
- Qualifications allowance — Eligible employees with a post graduate qualification will receive an additional annual amount as a percentage of their base salary
- Subsidised furnished Accommodation and utilities
- Every second weekend completely for yourself to recharge and enjoy Shark Bay and its surrounds
- 5 weeks annual leave plus 1 week remote leave. Option to purchase leave also (up to 2 additional weeks).
- Comprehensive Silver Chain induction and orientation program before you start your post at Shark Bay. This includes our “buddy system”, usually taking place outside of Perth and expenses paid for travel and accommodation during that time.
- Relocating from interstate? Eligible applicants, may have their relocation costs covered
Closing date:4 November 2021.