This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to become an integral part of the delivery of health care to remote Australia
Remote Area Nurses
Posted: 5 Jul 2021
Location: Central Australia
Are you an experienced RAN or Remote AHP looking for your next contract? We have current vacancies in our remote communities.
Are you an experienced RAN or Remote AHP looking for your next contract?
We have current vacancies in our remote communities.
There’s never been a better time to go remote.
Help support people from the world’s oldest living culture while experiencing work and life in a small remote community in one of the most spectacular regions of Australia.
Central Australia is free of COVID-19 community transmissions and offers a safer alternative in the current pandemic environment.
Congress offers opportunities in remote nursing, complete with transition to primary and remote support.
- Provide primary health care including emergency care, chronic disease management and prevention for remote residents and visitors
- Participate in the after-hours on-call roster for after-hours medical emergencies accompanied by on-call support worker
- 3‑month contracts are available, but 6 months or more are preferred
- We will also consider casuals for shorter term relief of permanent staff
- A current AHPRA RN or AHP registration with at least 3 years’ post grad experience
- A current driver’s licence
- Working with Children Clearance & recent Police Clearance
- Critical care or remote experience an advantage
- We do not have the ability to provide sponsorship
- Flights and accommodation costs. Your accommodation in the community is also provided
- Salaries starting at $107,971 p.a. (pro rata), $55.37 per hour
- Generous salary packaging and Remote Area Leave
- A supportive, low COVID-19 risk nursing environment
As an Aboriginal community-controlled health service, Congress provides comprehensive primary healthcare that is culturally responsive and provided in consultation with local health boards.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information on the position, go to https://caac.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=25&s=6
*Total effective package includes base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, and estimated tax saving from salary packaging options.