This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Flight Nurse (Midwifery)
Posted: 24 Jun 2022
Location: Rockhampton QLD
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is seeking an experienced Flight Nurse and Midwife to complete inter-hospital transfers and aeromedical retrievals. As an RFDS Rockhampton Base Flight Nurse (Midwifery), you will work in remote and unique locations throughout Central Queensland.
Looking for a Change? Rocky is country living with city advantages, river, and mountain views, a thirty-minute ride to the coast, and an easy commute to just about anywhere in town. Rocky is the place where you’ll find yourself with more time for the people and activities you love most. Enjoy an outdoor lifestyle with the Great Barrier Reef and beautiful QLD beaches on your doorstep!!
Who are we looking for?
- Registration with AHPRA to practise Nursing and Midwifery
- 5 years post-graduate experience (full-time equivalent) (FTE).
- Minimum of 3 years (FTE) in a critical care environment (24-hour in-department medical coverage or tertiary hospital) within the last 7 years
- Ability to spend considerable time working in the confined spaces of a small aircraft
- This role is a full-time position offering an initial maximum-term 12-month contract.
Desirable Skills (Can be obtained after starting employment)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal resuscitation certification
Why join us?
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference in people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergencies. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres of regional and outback Queensland, you’ll see work and life like never before. We also offer;
- Highly Attractive Salary + Salary Packaging (Up to 18.5K) + Super
- We provide extensive and supportive orientation, training, and development programs
- Opportunity to be a part of the iconic RFDS team!!
- We offer Relocation
- Work with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution
- Commitment to support your professional development- paid study leave
- Employee Assistance Program; advice for staff and their families (support, nutrition & financial)
- Discounted private health insurance
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical, and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
If you would like any further information or a position description, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact Nurse Manager– Aeromedical Claire Hilder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4924 2605.
Please ensure the following is identified in your resume: job title, start date, end date, department, brief description, full-time, part-time, or casual, and the hours or FTE you complete/d. This allows us to establish your FTE and experience.
FOR FULL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Successful candidates will be subject to Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. Before appointment, you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD. You will also be required to complete the RFDS credentialing process.
RFDS (Queensland Section) works with vulnerable patients in remote parts of Queensland and provides an essential service to many regional and remote communities. To ensure the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and these communities and manage the risks involved in service delivery and COVID-19 transmission in these communities and our workplaces, our staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are the successful candidate the requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including maintaining any recommended booster requirements, will be a term of your employment, as will the requirement to provide proof of vaccination.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is passionate about fostering equality within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds