This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Posted: 30 Sep 2022
Location: Tennant Creek NT
Great opportunity for a General Practitioner (Medical Doctor) to join the Parlpuru Ninji Kari – Health Services Section in Tennant Creek. Be part of an organisation enacting real change to close the gap in Aboriginal Health outcomes!
Expression of Interest
- Salary: $280,000 + super
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance and up to $5,000 repatriation assistance
- 6 weeks annual leave + 10 days of personal/carer’s leave
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 pa. + $2,600 meals and entertainment allowance
- Subsidised accommodation for candidates outside of the Barkly region
- Remote retention allowance of $750
- Employee access to Anyinginyi Health Clinic – with free Prescriptions
- Free General Dentistry
- Build meaningful connections in the community of Tennant Creek
We are an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation committed to achieving health equity for Aboriginal people in the Barkly region. To achieve our goal, we employ over 100 people across a diverse range of roles in each of our key sections of Health Services, Public Health, Stronger Families and Corporate Services.
About the Role:
Provide high quality clinical and culturally safe care to women and work within a multidisciplinary team to optimise the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal clients within a comprehensive primary health care setting.
As part of the Anyinginyi Health services team, you will provide services to the township and Aboriginal communities within 100km radius of Tennant Creek.
- Improve the health and welfare of the people of Yapakurlangu Region
- Provide clinical care and timely intervention in acute medical cases
- Management of chronic conditions within a multidisciplinary team approach
- Providing Health Education
- Health Promotion and Research
- Development and Implementation of Women’s Health programs
- Medical Practitioner’s Specialist GP AHPRA registration
- Vocational Registration (FRACGP/ FACRRM)
- Able to abide by CARPA Standard Treatment Manual
- Demonstrated knowledge, interpersonal skills and ability to sensitively communicate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and beliefs
- Understanding of Primary Health care, Public Health and Preventative Medicine in regional and remote Australia
- Commitment to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Current manual NT driver’s licence (or ability to transfer)
- Unrestricted Medicare Provider Number (or ability to obtain)
- OCHRE Card and National Police Clearance (or the ability to obtain)
- Meet Public Health Orders for health industry workers in NT
How to Apply:
We are not requesting a copy of your resume at this stage, so please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page.
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for a new career opportunity and you are ready to progress your career with experience you won’t find anywhere else, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander individuals are encouraged to apply.
No recruitment agencies please
Apply on the Web at https://anyinginyi.expr3ss.com