Full-time, part-time or casual applications are welcome.
Base salary range for these positions are:
- permanent — $37.23 — $47.84 per hour
- casual — $46.54 — 59.81 per hour
The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience and are exclusive of allowances, penalties and superannuation.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide high quality patient care applying nursing and/or midwifery clinical skills and contemporary knowledge to support optimal care outcomes through care coordination, collaboration and communication within scope of professional competence;
- Partner with patients and their support persons throughout the pregnancy and birth continuum to provide woman-centred maternity care with regard to personal and/or cultural needs and preferences;
- Undertake comprehensive ante and post-natal assessment(s) and develop, or revise, care plans that are inclusive of the patient’s physical, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs and expectations for her pregnancy-childbirth continuum and/or expected clinical outcomes;
- Determine and monitor maternal and fetal well-being throughout the period of hospitalisation and communicate effectively with other health professionals to ensure safe and high standards of care;
- Acknowledge and support the effectiveness of the multidisciplinary team and diverse care environment by delegating tasks to team members commensurate with their scope of professional expertise and practice;
- Extend adherence to the delivery and documentation of care to include applicable Mater frameworks, policies, procedures and forms;
- Undertake comprehensive discharge planning to ensure patients and their support persons, where applicable and appropriate, are provided with adequate support through the provision of education, resources and appropriate community services access; and
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and nursing/midwifery students within the team where appropriate dependant on own level of expertise permits.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Current dual registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Midwife only or, and Registered Nurse is essential;
- A commitment to adhere to the Mater immunisation requirements, which includes having a least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement with an established pathway to receive the second;
- Currency of neonatal resuscitation;
- Currency of K2 Perinatal Training through an approved provider;
- Other postgraduate qualifications in relevant nursing and/or midwifery speciality or working towards (e.g. lactation consultant);
- Minimum of one year post-graduate experience, including in birth suites;
- Sponsorship available
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Great variety of nursing delegations
- Support environment
- Salary packaging
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership and other leisure/lifestyle centres
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this position on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland — Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions please contact Erna Allison at Erna.Allison@mater.org.au or call 07 4931 3456.
Introductions from Agencies are welcome but must be directed to Employment-CQ@mater.org.au
Need to relocate? Email Employment-CQ@mater.org.au to request a call to discuss what options may be available to you.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
This vacancy shall remain open until filled.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”