This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Registered Nurse – Operating Room Suite
Posted: 10 Jun 2022
Location: Launceston TAS
Come and join the Tasmanian Health Service's dynamic and innovative team with rostering based on safe working practices that are aimed at allowing employees the time to enjoy exploring the many activities Tasmania has to offer.
The Registered Nurse — Operating Room Suite (ORS):
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Is an integral part of the multidisciplinary perioperative team. The primary focus of the ORS nurse is to provide safe, quality, evidence-based care for patients during the perioperative phase of the surgical journey.
- Please review the statement of duties for a full list of duties.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Theatre experience beneficial as an undergraduate or Registered Nurse
- Experience in day procedure, Anaesthetic /post anaesthetic care, or scrub scout experience
The LGH Operating Suite (ORS) supports a multi-disciplinary model of care where teamwork is the priority. The suite covers a diverse range of surgical specialties making for a dynamic environment currently providing a service up to 7 theatres. The ORS is experiencing a period of development within the nursing structure to embrace new learners including an effective transition to practice programme for graduates, new learners and undergraduate nursing students. The ORS is supported by an education team including specialty specific Clinical Nurse Educators and clinical coaches to help on board staff that are new to the suite.
The LGH ORS has seamless linkages with a collocated sterilising department, a short stay surgical unit and 2 surgical wards completing the footprint that optimises efficiency and effectiveness and provides a high level of patient care.
Life in Launceston offers an enviable lifestyle with affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/life style balance. Add to this easily accessible world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep.
The LGH caters for all major specialties, except for neuro and cardiac surgery, and is the major hospital for the north of the state. The operating room suite has nine theatres including a state-of-the-art hybrid theatre.
Come and join our dynamic and innovative team with rostering based on safe working practices that are aimed at allowing employees the time to enjoy exploring the many activities Tasmania has to offer. Teamwork, respect and trust is a focus in our workplace along with commitment to best patient care outcomes.
Details of Appointment
Multiple permanent, full time and part time , shift worker position working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982 — $93,964 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 — $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 12TH JULY 2022
For More Information
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6626