This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Registered Nurse - Operating Room Suite (ORS)
Posted: 22 Nov 2022
Location: Launceston TAS
The LGH Operating Room Suite (ORS) supports a multi-disciplinary model of care where teamwork is the priority.
The Registered Nurse — Operating Room Suite (ORS):
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Is an integral part of the multidisciplinary peri-operative team. The primary focus of the ORS nurse is to provide safe, quality, evidence-based care for patients during the peri-operative phase of the surgical journey.
- Please review the statement of duties for a full list of duties.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Theatre experience beneficial as an undergraduate or Registered Nurse
- Experience in Anaesthetic /post anaesthetic care, or scrub scout experience
The LGH Operating Room Suite (ORS) supports a multi-disciplinary model of care where teamwork is the priority. The suite covers a diverse range of surgical specialties making for a dynamic environment, currently providing a service for up to nine theatres. The ORS is experiencing a period of development within the nursing structure to embrace new learners including an effective transition to practice programme for graduates, new learners and undergraduate nursing students. The ORS is supported by an education team including specialty specific Clinical Nurse Educators and clinical coaches to help on board staff that are new to the suite.
The LGH ORS has seamless linkages with a collocated sterilising department, a short stay surgical unit and 2 surgical wards completing the footprint that optimises efficiency and effectiveness and provides a high level of patient care.
Life in Launceston offers an enviable lifestyle with affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/lifestyle balance. Add to this easily accessible world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep. Click here to go on a virtual tour of our beautiful city.
The LGH caters for all major specialties, except for neuro and cardiac surgery, and is the major hospital for the north of the state. The operating room suite has nine theatres including a state-of-the-art hybrid theatre.
Come and join our dynamic and innovative team with rostering based on safe working practices that are aimed at allowing employees the time to enjoy exploring the many activities Tasmania has to offer. Teamwork, respect and trust is a focus in our workplace along with commitment to best patient care outcomes. Thinking about moving to Tasmania? makeittasmania.com.au/
Details of Appointment:
Multiple permanent, full time and part time, shift worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982 — $93,964 per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 — $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Minimum 12 months Operating Room experience within the last 3 years
- Minimum of 3 years’ Operating Room experience within the last 5 years
- Successful completion of a 12-month Transition to Practice, Peri-operative Program
- Attainment of Post Graduate Certificate, or greater, in the area of Peri-operative Nursing
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents:
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Registered Nurse — ORS (LGH) G3‑4 (July 2021) HR.pdf
- Generic Registered Nurse — ORS (LGH) G3‑4 (July 2021) HR.docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply:
Apply Online. Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information:
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6626 or 0417 522 213
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.