This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Remote Area Nurse
Posted: 25 Oct 2022
Location: Warruwi NT
The Red Lily Health Board Aboriginal Corporation (RLHB) aims to empower Aboriginal people in the West Arnhem region and address health issues in the community by providing eldership with the long-term vision of establishing a regional Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service.
FLEXIBLE MODEL — JOB SHARING OPPORTUNITY! Choose when and how long you want to work!
PERMANENT, LONG TERM CONTRACT AND CASUAL ROLES AVAILABLE!
Work in a dynamic cultural environment that adds interest and satisfaction to the important work that nurses already do. Cultural induction and awareness training is something that Red Lily provide to both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal health staff to ensure the best chance of success in improving health outcomes for West Arnhem communities.
Warruwi Health Centre is situated on S.Goulburn Island 300km NE of Darwin in the Arafura Sea and is home to abundant wildlife and flora that inhabit the beaches, wetlands and swamps and expansive native bushlands. The community population is approximately 500. It is currently a 3‑nurse/1‑AHP post. Housing is provided and on-call is shared between the clinical staff (with a community driver in support).
- Base Salary up to $115,300 + Super + Call Out + On Call Allowance
- 6 weeks of leave + additional leave accruals
- Salary Sacrifice for up to $15,900 per year
- Accommodation provided
- Flexible model/Job sharing available
- Penalty rates for overtime and call outs!
- On-Call Allowance
To work as part of a multidisciplinary remote primary health care team, manage client care throughout the lifespan, treat illness, promote wellbeing, provide education & training, and encourage community health action to contribute to better health outcomes for the people in West Arnhem. It is a requirement that this position participates in a 24 hour on call roster for acute and emergency care.
- Provide & promote a comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC) service utilising a multidisciplinary approach and endorsed protocols (eg CARPA manuals) and policies.
- Ensure all documentation, records and health information systems are maintained to ensure continuity of care.
- Facilitate and provide culturally acceptable health education supporting a community participative approach to local level decision-making.
- Promote and support Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs) to be first line providers of health care in the community to facilitate the delivery of culturally appropriate health care.
- Participate in and encourage education and professional development of self, team members and learners.
- Participate in Quality and Safety programs including development and evaluation of policies, procedures and protocols (including Work Health & Safety).
- Participate in performance management and professional development programs in consultation with management and professional support groups.
- Participate in the orientation of new staff to the Organisation’s philosophy, policies and procedures and Health Centre functions to promote effective teamwork.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and review of the Organisational plan.
- Participate in an on call 24-hour roster.
Key Selection Criteria
- AHPRA Registration and relevant post basic qualifications
- Experience in or willing to obtain training in the PCIS health system (Primary Care Info System)
- Extensive experience and demonstrated skills in Remote Area Nursing with an understanding of all roles within a multidisciplinary primary health care team model in Australian indigenous communities
- Full Australian Working Rights
- Manual drivers’ licence
- National Police Clearance (within 6 months, check done through Safe NT)
- Valid Working with Children Card (OCHRE card)
- Willing to apply for Land Council work Permit
- Able and willing to travel by small light aircrafts and 4WD to remote community
- Willing to participate in an on call 24 hour roster