This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Remote Dialysis Nurse
Posted: 23 Nov 2022
Location: Alice Springs NT
Remote Dialysis Nurse required for Purple House – Alice Springs
- Paid flights, free accommodation and transport provided
- Experience living and working in a remote aboriginal community
- $120 – 140k Total Remuneration
Why Purple House?
Purple House are proud to say that they have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 19 communities across the NT, SA and WA. They also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more! Purple House have come a long way in 21 years!
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work “outside of the hospital environment” where you can work independently for a community-run healthcare provider
- Support (leave and financial assistance) for further relevant study
- A competitive remuneration package of $120-$140k pa including PBI salary packaging
- Flights and transportation to and from your remote location
- Free accommodation, utilities and internet
- 35 days annual leave
What’s the role?
- Delivering high standard dialysis clinical care in their facilities
- Coordinating the care of patients with complex health needs
- Providing training/education to dialysis patients and their families to encourage well-being and self-care
- Communicate with all sorts of people and being able think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems
What do you need to apply?
- A patient centred focus and eye on Purple House’s goal of getting people home on country
- Being culturally curious and have respect for culture and country
- A flexible, good humoured and resilient style, and being passionate and ready for a challenge
- A minimum 2 years recent haemodialysis experience and AHPRA registration
- An Australian drivers licence
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is a small town of just 29,000 people located in the Red Centre of Australia, also known as the spiritual heartland of the country. With its dusty red earth, friendly locals and plunging skyline, you’ll not be disappointed by this remote town that punches way above its weight. Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders, including the stunning Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it. Take up a desert change – big sky, beautiful landscapes, strong culture
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY by clicking the “Apply for this job” link
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002.