This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
AHP or Registered or Enrolled Remote Area Nurse
Posted: 23 Jan 2023
Location: Alice Springs NT
Provide high quality and professional clinical AHP/nursing care meeting strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Base Salary: $66,319 — $103,642 (pro rata)
- Full-Time and Part-Time Employment
- Relocation Assistance
For over 40 years, Congress has provided support and advocacy for Aboriginal people in the struggle for justice and equity. Since that time, Congress has expanded to become the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation in the Northern Territory, providing a comprehensive, holistic and culturally-appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including five remote communities; Amoonguna, Ntaria (and Wallace Rockhole), Santa Teresa, Utju (Areyonga) and Mutitjulu.
What’s in it for you?
- Total Effective Package: $84,328 — $126,323 (pro rata)
- Six (6) weeks’ annual leave
- Generous salary packaging
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
- Access to the Congress health services for you and your family at no cost
- District allowance and Remote Benefits
What’s the role?
- Providing high quality and professional clinical AHP/nursing care meeting strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Providing general health care assessment and management relevant to professional and individual scopes of practice.
- Supplying and administer pharmaceutical therapies including vaccines and prescribed pharmaceuticals for common conditions as per the relevant legislation.
- Organising follows ups and referrals as necessary, liaising with other community based health programs.
- Providing health promotion and education relevant to the presenting clients.
Is the role right for you?
- Current registration or enrolment with AHPRA as a Registered/Enrolled Nurse or Aboriginal Health Practitioner, with a current AGV certificate or willingness to acquire same within 6 months of commencement
- Broad clinical experience in a primary or acute health care setting with skills in planning, coordinating and decision making within a clinical setting
- Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate sensitively in a cross-cultural environment with Aboriginal clients and staff
- Possess an NT Working with Children Check (Ochre Card) and a satisfactory Criminal History Check
What’s it like living in Alice Springs?
A thriving, spirited outback centre, Alice Springs is as famous for the personality of its locals and contemporary and traditional art as the natural wonders. Stunning landscapes, remote communities, and a unique pioneering history create a diverse and exhilarating destination to explore. Including the spectacular Larapinta Trail and the MacDonnell Ranges, which surround it.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan on 08 8982 1002 or email@example.com