This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Posted: 20 Nov 2023
Location: Darwin NT
The Clinical Manager reports to the National Manager and works in close collaboration with the Operations Managers to deliver positive placement experiences that emphasises service and support of health professionals and a safe experience to promote their return to further placements within rural and remote communities.
The Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) is an Indigenous-focused health workforce specialist program aimed to build and strengthen remote primary health care workforce primarily in remote and very remote Aboriginal communities in the Northern Territory (NT).
We are committed to Indigenous health and the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in remote communities. Our 24/7 support, meticulous logistics planning, and in-depth understanding of remote communities and cultural perspectives make us a trusted partner for HPs seeking placements in these areas.
The role is Darwin based.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leadership and Oversight: Provide leadership and oversight to clinical and non-clinical employees in RAHC and remote locations, ensuring the delivery of high-quality healthcare services.
- Clinical Quality Assurance: Implement and monitor clinical quality assurance programs to maintain and enhance the standard of care provided in remote areas.
- Resource Management: Effectively manage resources, including staffing, equipment, and supplies, to optimise the delivery of healthcare services in challenging and remote environments.
- Training and Development: Develop and implement training programs for Health Professionals in remote locations, focusing on continuous professional development and adherence to best practices.
- Community Engagement: Foster strong relationships with local communities, collaborating with community leaders and organisations to understand unique healthcare needs and provide culturally sensitive care.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with healthcare regulations and standards in both remote and central office locations.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Registered Nurse, with current APHRA Registration
- Tertiary health professional qualifications
- Recent clinical experience as an RN in the Northern Territory working in Aboriginal communities and ability to work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with Health Professionals, Internal & External Stakeholders
- Ability to travel in the Northern Territory and around Australia.
- Current Drivers Licence and able to drive a 4 Wheel Drive, (4WD) vehicle to remote communities and stay overnight as required.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background. We are a veteran-owned business and we encourage ADF veterans, or their partners, with appropriate skills and experience to apply.
As part of RAHC’s Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy.
Please apply via application link: https://engw.fa.ap1.oracleclou… This document has been classified as Official.
Note: RAHC reserves the right to appoint to this position before the closing date of 01 December 2023.