This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Family Home Visitor
Posted: 23 Jan 2023
Location: Katherine NT
Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service is looking to find a Family Home Visitor (Registered Nurse) to join their multi-disciplinary team in Katherine.
- Attractive Salary
- Relocation Assistance
- Short term Accommodation Allowance
Why Wurli Wurlinjang Health Service?
Wurli prides itself on delivering a range of health services to the community in a style and manner that makes clients feel welcome and comfortable.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary of $105,494 — $113,606
- 6 weeks annual leave plus leave loading
- Training and career development opportunities including study leave provisions
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Continuous CPD opportunities
What’s the role?
- Practicing with a focus on early intervention and prevention of physical and emotional risk
- Building and maintaining relationships based on trust, support and growth with eligible women, their families, team colleagues and community members
- Providing culturally safe home visits to women and their families
- Acquiring the knowledge and skills to implement the program successfully and keep up to date with information on a local, state, or national level that may impact delivery of content
- Delivering content at home visits in a way that maintains alignment with the client centred principles including modelling therapeutic relationships, change theory, self-efficacy and solution focused approaches
Is the role right for you?
- AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Nursing
- At least two years previous clinical experience (Nurse or RAHP)
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous societies and culture, including issues effecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian Society and knowledge of Katherine and surrounding communities.
- Current Ochre Card, Criminal History Check, First Aid Certificate and NT Drivers Licence
What’s it like living in Katherine?
With a population of around 11,000, Katherine is a modern, thriving regional centre. The population of the region is just over 24,000 people, of which 60% identify as Indigenous. Located 314 km from Darwin and 1180 km from Alice Springs, the town is situated on the banks of the Katherine River. Katherine has a sub-tropical climate, with distinct wet and dry seasons. The Katherine region also boasts magnificent Aboriginal rock art, Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park, the Cutta Cutta Caves Nature Park and Elsey National Park. Historically, Katherine has always been important. To the local Aborigines, it was the point where the traditional lands of the Dagoman, Jawoyn, and Wardaman met, and consequently, the river and the nearby gorge were popular meeting places.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org