This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Nurse Practitioner - Wound Management (507676)
Posted: 11 Jan 2023
Location: Launceston TAS
The Launceston General Hospital is looking for a clinical leader, achieving excellence within the area of wound care, demonstrating commitment to developing clinical teams and stakeholder relationships.
The occupant of this position is considered to be a clinical leader, achieving excellence within the area of wound care, as evidenced by high standards of nursing practice and patient centred care, effective stewardship of resources, commitment to developing clinical teams, and building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders. Clinical components include assessing, diagnosing, planning including non-pharmacological and pharmacologic treatment in the patients with acute chronic wounds.
The Nurse Practitioner — Wound Management is responsible for evaluating and implementing changes to clinical practice, initiating research and quality improvement activities to benefit all health consumers with respect to wound management. In accordance with established standards, hospital policies and procedures, provide health promotion, education and preventive care on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Note: — Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time day worker position working 72.2 hours per fortnight, commencing from 1 April 2023
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $132,215 per annum (pro rata) + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and endorsed to practice as a nurse practitioner
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
- 507676 Nurse Practitioner — Wound Management G8‑3 (Dec 2022) HR22.pdf
- 507676 Nurse Practitioner — Wound Management G8‑3 (Dec 2022) HR22.docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. https://careers.pageuppeople.c…. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nursing Director — Surgery
Phone: (03) 6777 8707
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.