This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Nurse Unit Manager - Acute Inpatient Surgical (504271)
Posted: 23 May 2023
Location: Launceston TAS
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world's most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting.
The Nurse Unit Manager — Acute Inpatient Surgical:
- Provides leadership to the Acute Inpatient Surgical Wards 5a or 5B at the Launceston General Hospital (LGH).
- Ensures the efficient and effective provision of care, based on clinical standards and best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework by coordinating the clinical, management, education, and nursing research functions within the Acute Inpatient Surgical Wards 5A or 5B.
- Leads and manages the coordination of overall patient care and is responsible for managing the allocated human, material, and financial resources for service delivery within the Acute Inpatient Surgical Wards 5A or 5B.
Note: — Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Short commutes to restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city, renowned for its food and wine culture and heritage architecture. It is a thriving centre for excellence and the gateway to the wonderful Tamar vineyards, bushwalking tracks and nearby mountain biking mecca of the northeast. Launceston hosts the beautiful Cataract Gorge complete with walking trails, rock climbing, the famous chairlift and swimming pool.
Make time to tour our beautiful city
Details of Appointment
Permanent, full time, day worker position working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing from 20 August 2023
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $119,136 to $124,850 per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
- 504271, 504324 Nurse Unit Manager — Acute Inpatient Surgical G7b (Feb 2023).pdf
- 504271, 504324 Nurse Unit Manager — Acute Inpatient Surgical G7b (Feb 2023).docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the “Apply” button at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1101729/nurse-unit-manager-acute-inpatient-surgical-504271-lgh This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 18TH JUNE 2023
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nursing Director — Surgery
Phone: (03) 6777 8707
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.