This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
RAN - Midwives
Posted: 23 Jan 2023
Location: East Arnhem Land NT
Work in the Women’s Program in partnership with the Aboriginal Health workforce to provide high quality antenatal and postnatal care to clients of Ramingining community.
- Competitive salary of $73.50 — $78.96 per hour
- Housing and utility package
- Work with engaged and skilled colleagues
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal health care. Our incredible team provides remote health services and support to more than 10,000 people across East Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory. We empower the Yolngu to take control of their lives and direct their futures — and we need passionate people like you to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary of $73.50 — $78.96 per hour (dependent on skills and experience) is available with this casual position.
- Housing and utility package
- Relocation and Repatriation assistance
What’s the role?
- To work in the Women’s Program in partnership with the Aboriginal Health workforce to provide high quality antenatal and postnatal care to clients of Ramingining community
- Provide Women’s Health Checks to clients including pap smears and STI screening
- Assist women with family planning education and contraceptive options
- Prepare clients for completion of relevant MBS recalls on Communicare
- Work in partnership with other health professionals to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to health care and to support best practice, knowledge, and skills of remote area practitioners
Is the role right for you?
- Current Registration and annual practicing certificate as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Minimum of 5 years broad nursing / midwifery experience post registration and 3 years working as a remote area nurse with experience working in a Women Health program preferred
- Capacity to reside in remote communities
- Well Women’s Screening Course
- Remote Emergency Care certificate (REC)
- Advanced Life Support certificate (ALS)
- Current manual driver’s license
What’s it like living in Gapuwiyak?
Milingimbi Island is part of the Crocodile Island Group in the Arafura Sea. It is approximately half a kilometre off the north coast of Central Arnhem Land, approximately 440 km east of Darwin and 200 km west of Nhulunbuy. Milingimbi was established in 1923 by the Methodist Overseas Mission. It was bombed during World War II, forcing most of the island’s residents to move to Elcho Island and the mainland. Milingimbi then became an air force base. The missionaries returned in 1951, re-established the town and opened a school. They respected traditional culture, so Aboriginal customary religion and Christianity easily co-exist in the community.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org