This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Posted: 24 Oct 2023
Location: Pilbara WA
The primary responsibility of the Registered Midwife is to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive evidence based midwifery/nursing care to patients.
- Salary: RM Level 1 $75,957 — $96,712 p.a. pro rata
- Location: Various locations within the Pilbara Region (South Hedland, Karratha, Newman, Marble Bar/Nullagine, Tom Price, Paraburdoo, Onslow)
- Unit/Division: Pilbara — Nursing & Midwifery
- Work Type: Casual, Permanent — Part Time, Permanent — Full Time, Fixed Term — Part Time, Fixed Term — Full Time
- Position No: Pool Ref PILRM2023
- Closing Date: 2024 – 1‑22 4:00 PM (YYYY-MM-DD)
The closing date to receive applications for this recruitment pool has been amended.
Opportunities are abundant in the Pilbara.
- Are you looking to progress your career in a supportive and dynamic environment?
- Do you want to live in a vibrant community with excellent facilities that feels like a home away from home?
By joining one of our teams across the Region you’ll have the opportunity to gain great work experiences while swimming in the Indian Ocean, climbing ancient gorges and exploring islands you’ll have all to yourself.
We think you’ll like it here
Our employees like working here, and we think you will too. Watch this video to find out what they have to say: WA Country Health Service — Maternity Services in the Pilbara — YouTube
What we offer
In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits:
- Location based allowances including:
- additional North West paid leave
- District Allowance — regional specific
- Annual travel subsidy (ALTC)
- Air-conditioning subsidy allowance.
- Heavily subsidised housing Government Regional Officer Housing
- Relocation allowance (For further information refer to “Belong” and “Relocation incentive” attachments)
- Paid study Leave assistance – regional specific as per EBA
- Generous salary packaging benefits:
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- Plus, Additional Remote Area Specific Benefits.
- Flexible working and leave arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- 11% Superannuation Guarantee
The Country Nursing & Midwifery incentive program is available to new and existing nurses and midwives — across a broad range of patient-facing roles — on fixed term or permanent contracts at 76 select locations. Eligible nurses and midwives can receive between $5,000 and $17,000 in support over 12 months — WA Country Health Service — Country Nursing and Midwifery Incentive Program.
WACHS supports flexible working practices and consideration will be given to flexible work/roster options, where operationally appropriate.
About this role
The primary responsibility of the Registered Midwife is to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive evidence based midwifery/nursing care to patients. Facilitates and promotes patient safety and quality of care. The Registered Midwife practices within their scope of practice considerate of the Nursing and Midwifery Board’s Midwifery Practice Decision Flowchart; upholds and functions within the core values of the organisation and nursing values of Community, Compassion, Quality, Integrity, Equity and Curiosity.
What we are looking for
- seeking flexible team players capable of working in all areas across the Midwifery continuum of care: antenatal, intrapartum and the postnatal period.
- Working in collaboration with Clinical Midwives to provide direct patient care and practice in accordance with WACHS Values
- work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing midwifery care that is, woman focused and sensitive to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) families.
Want to know more about this role?
We encourage you to contact the Nurse Manager – Workforce, Tel: 0499 570 055
Ready to apply?
During the application you will have an opportunity to specify your preferred hospital location, specialty area, and hours of work.
A cover letter is not required, however please be prepared to:
- Complete the attached 6 WACHS Values Question document; and
- Attach a comprehensive CV clearly listing your professional achievements with the names and email addresses of two (2) professional referees (one of your referees should be your current supervisor or manager)
Please note: both documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/…
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
This is an Open-Ended Recruitment Pool for Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Fixed Term Full Time, Fixed Term Part Time and Casual appointments. Fixed Term and Casual appointments will be made with the possibility of extension(s) and/or permanency.
We currently have a variety of permanent and fixed term vacancies available for filling across all of our Health Campus sites.
This is an “open-ended” recruitment pool, and as such the following should be noted:
- The panel will monitor this recruitment pool for applications and will assess on a regular basis.
- Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments may be made when vacancies occur matching your identified skills. All efforts are made to ensure employment can be offered within a timely manner
- Appointments may be made from this pool until 29/02/2024
- Local, interstate and international applicants are encouraged to apply.
The WA Country Health Service (WACHS) is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia. Our core business is the provision of quality, accessible health services to country WA residents and visitors
Applicants are requested to apply online https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/… by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button.
Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
If you experience difficulties while applying online, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77 for immediate assistance during business hours.
Eligibility: Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector.
Sponsorship: Successful applicants who do not have Australian citizenship or permanent residency may be eligible for Visa sponsorship. Please email WACHSNurses@health.wa.gov.au for further information.
If you experience difficulties while applying onlinehttps://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/…, please contact Employee Services on 13 44 77 for immediate assistance during business hours
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions after or on, 4:00pm on the closing date will not be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application.