This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Registered Nurse (512259) (518678)
Posted: 6 Mar 2023
Location: Burnie TAS
Join the friendly team at the North West Renal Satellite Unit located in Burnie and specialise in renal nursing.
Renal North West Satellite Unit — Burnie
The Registered Nurse:
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
Note: — Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The North West Renal Satellite Unit located in Burnie is a highly specialised area of renal nursing which will provide:
- Nurse led Outpatient clinical environment
- Excellent preceptor/mentor environment to advance to Specialist Renal Nursing
- Great work life balance with every Sunday off; open 6 days a week Monday to Saturday, inclusive of morning and afternoon shifts
Living and working in the best place on earth
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting. Short commutes to restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance.
Burnie is a coastal city, located in North West Tasmania. It is the perfect place to live and work for the outdoor adventurer with beautiful countryside, bushwalking tracks, beaches, parks, waterfalls, and only a short drive from other scenic towns including the famous Boat Harbour Beach.
Discover what the beautiful North West Tasmania has to offer.
Details of Appointment — Multiple positions available
(518678) Permanent, part time, shift-worker position working 32 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
(512259) Permanent, part time, shift-worker position working 60 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*not withstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $67,982 to $93,964 (pro rata) per annum + 10.5% superannuation + access to salary packaging.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible.
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $87,970 — $93,964 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
- Generic Registered Nurse G3-G4 (June 2022) HR22.pdf
- Generic Registered Nurse G3-G4 (June 2022) HR22.docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the “Apply” button on this screen. https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/filter/?search-keyword=512259&brand=&location=&category=&work-type= This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6477 7742
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE TUESDAY 4TH APRIL 2023