This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Posted: 13 Nov 2023
Location: Flinders Island TAS
Strengthen health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- The Registered Nurse: strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe quality, clinically appropriate nursing care in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
Note: — Please refer to the Statement of Duties below for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Flinders Island Multi Purpose-Centre
- The Flinders Island Multi-Purpose Centre comprises nine aged care beds, five acute beds, an Outpatient and Emergency service, physiotherapy, x‑ray, podiatry/footcare and visiting services.
- Flinders Island is a rural and remote tier one facility well supported by GPs.
- A scenic island with a welcoming community of approximately 900 people.
Details of Appointment
Multiple permanent, full time and part time shift-worker (fully rotational) positions available, working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $69,835 — $96,428 pro rata, per annum + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide, Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Statement of Duties
- Generic Registered Nurse G3-G4 (July 2023) CSU.pdf
- Generic Registered Nurse G3-G4 (July 2023) CSU.docx
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health — Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. https://careers.pageuppeople.c… This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1 – 2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 2RD DECEMBER 2023 AT 11:55PM
For more information
Position: Acting Nurse Unit Manager — Flinders Island
Phone: (03) 6359 0200
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.